Aldgate organ
 1 - Timothy ROBERTS
   
  • J. Worgan : 15 Organ Pieces
- St Botolph without Aldgate
- Disque Toccataclassics;, 2015 (653)
The Complete Organ Music (all published c.1795)
Organ Piece No. 8 in G major [5:36]
Organ Piece No. 4 in B flat major [2:07]
Organ Piece No. 5 in G minor [4:05]
Organ Piece No. 10 in F major [4:27]
Organ Piece No. 11 in C major [3:57]
Organ Piece No. 13 in G major [5:20]
Organ Piece No. 1 in A major [4:04]
Organ Piece No. 6 in C minor [3:04]
Organ Piece No. 9 in C major [3:33]
Organ Piece No. 7 in F major [5:26]
Organ Piece No. 12 in D minor [4:22]
Organ Piece No. 3 in F major [3:17]
Organ Piece No. 14 in C major [5:54]
Organ Piece No. 15 in A major [4:56]
Organ Piece No. 2 in F major [5:18]

The text states that the organ dates from around the turn of the eighteenth century and was originally built by Renatus Harris. In 1744 it was stored whilst George Danceís (the Elder) new church was built on the site. The instrument was restored successively by John Byfield the Elder, Hill in 1866, Bishop in 1898 and latterly by Mander in 1966, where many of the accretions of the Victorian organ builders were removed. In 2006 the organ was commissioned after restoration to as near its original specification as possible by Goetze and Gwynn, but clearly allowing for contemporary liturgical use.

 2 - Daniel MOULT
   • The elusive English Organ •
  • W. Byrd : Fantasia in A minor
  • T. Tomkins : A sad pavan for these distracted times
  • J. Blow : Voluntary in A
  • M. Locke : Voluntary in A minor (Melothesia)
  • H. Purcell : Voluntary in G, Voluntary in d minor for double organ
  • G. F. Haendel : Concerto II op. 4, Fuga II
  • P. Hart : Fugue in A
  • J. Worgan : Piece n°7 in d minor
  • J. Stanley : Voluntaries 7 et 8 op. 5
  • W. Russell : Largo from Voluntary II
  • S. Wesley : Pieces 8, 9, 10 from 12 short Pieces (1815)
- Lanvellec, Ploujean, Great Packington St-Jame's the Great, St Botolph without Aldgate, Bermonsdey St-James
- Disque Fugue State Films; DVD2, vers 2009
Documentaire et enregistrement

 3 - Timothy ROBERTS
   • John Blow and his pupils •
  • J. Blow : A Hymn ; Praise to Our God Proclaim (The Divine Companion, 1701), Voluntary in G (No. 10)* , Cornet Voluntary in G (No. 29) , Voluntary in D minor (No. 6) , Voluntary in C (No. 1), Voluntary in A minor (No. 23) , Double Voluntary in C (No. 24), Voluntary in D minor (No. 8), Voluntary in D (No. 5b) , Voluntary in G minor (No. 17) , Voluntary in D minor (No. 7), Voluntary in G (No. 16), Double Voluntary in D minor (No. 27)
  • J. Clarke : An Evening Hymn (The Divine Companion, 1701)
  • H. Purcell : Voluntary on Old Hundredth, Voluntary in G
  • D. Purcell : O Let My Mouth be Filled with Thy Praise
  • W. Richardson : Funeral Anthem for the Use of Charity Children (1729)
  • J. Reading : Psalm 8 with prelude and interludes (tune; St Johnís, Hackney) , Psalm 100 with prelude and interludes (tune; Old Hundredth)
  • anonyme (?Blow) : Voluntary in G minor (No. 60)
- Londres St Botolph without Aldgate
- Disque SFZ music;, 2007, avec 2 sopranos et une basse
The organ at St Botolph's Aldgate in the City of London is a remarkable survival, one of the most reliable witnesses to the sound of English church music of the late 17th and early 18th centuries. It is the oldest surviving English church organ, and the only surviving organ by Renatus Harris. It was built about 1704, when Harris was paid for the Trumpets and Echos (now the Swell). Standing at the easternmost gate of the ancient City of London, the church had not been burnt in the great fire of London of 1666, but was in any case replaced by a new building in 1744, designed by George Dance, in a style similar to Christopher Wren's City Churches. The organ was put into store and re-assembled in the new church by John Byfield, Renatus Harris's son in law. The organ has been rebuilt and altered since then, but the Victorian additions were removed by NP Mander Ltd in 1966. The organ was in 2006 restored to its 1744 state by Martin Goetze and Dominic Gwynn, but with a small pedal organ.



Source: database Alain CARTAYRADE
www.france-orgue.fr